Sunday, January 15, 2012

My New Years resolution: GET ORGANIZED

My New Years resolution is to get organized! I feel like I have little piles of to-dos all over my house. Somehow I will always get to them later. I want that to change. So I did some "googleing" (my go to source for everything) and I found a "Declutter and get Organized Calendar". The website was http://Mysimplerlife.com/. The calendar has something to do every single day. What I liked about it is that the task are not out of this world. At the most it will take you fifteen minutes to do a day, very important to me :-). Super exited I printed my handy dandy calendar and got to work! My first task: Clean out spice cabinet and throw away all of the expired ones. This one is easy (is what my brain is telling me), I got this. I get to cleaning and looking for expiration dates and I stumble across a couple of 2010 and even 2009 (actually not a couple, A LOT). What was really disturbing was when I found not one but two (yes TWO) things that expired in 2007!!!! What the barnacles! And here I was thinking that this was a piece of cake. By the time I was done I had Adobo, Basil, and Garlic Powder. Kind of disturbed and two grocery bags of expired spices later I decided to, bravely enough, attack the pantry. With this I will just say that I need to go grocery shopping by the time I was done. I can't wait to see what else this Calendar has in stock for me. Happy Decluttering and Organizing to you :-)

Xoxo
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment